Houston, We Have a Problem.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
As of this month, we've officially been trying to have a baby for one calendar year. It most definitely hasn't been twelve consistent months (the first pregnancy and miscarriage in themselves meant four solid months of no trying) but it is a painful milestone nonetheless. And on top of this loveliest of anniversaries, I haven't ovulated since May. It seems my ovaries, after 29 years of doing their job, have picked this time in my life to take a little hiatus. An ovarian siesta, if you will.

So of course I have researched and googled and pulled out my own personal library of books that now take up an embarrassing amount of space in our house. (Speaking of the books - I wonder at what point some of us could actually be given an honorary obstetrics degree? Because seriously, I know more about this crap than I ever cared to know. I am pretty sure I could draw an outline of the basic female anatomy and give a list of the hormones involved in a reproductive cycle in five minutes flat. That has to count for something).

Anyway. The "answers" I found to my current lack of ovulation, much like the answer to the majority of fertility problems, is that it could be a lot of different things. And the best part? I haven't even missed my normal ovulation window yet. I am just not seeing the symptoms that I am gearing up to ovulate (and naturally, my friend the smiley face is alluding me once again) so I've already jumped ahead at least five days and proceeded to torture myself into tears. The answer I keep coming up with the most is that stress can lead to annovulation, which is such good news. Because not ovulating doesn't stress me out at ALL...I'll just remain calm and take a few deep breaths, and all will be well with the world. RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment